Make-Up 101 - Miami
**CERTIFICATE COURSE**Sign Up!
Time: M-F, 9:30am-4:30pm
Cost: $0 plus $ MAKE-UP KIT fee
**Classes can be paid for in full of be held with a $500 deposit. Once the deposit is paid, it is non-refundable. Click Sign Up for more details or pay with PayPal below.**
This course is a must have for those wanting a career as a professional make up artist. Knowing the basics is essential in this competitive industry. Once you have mastered the basic techniques- you will be encouraged and guided in creating your own unique individual style.
**Each day will consist of 2-3 Demonstrations by Amanda. We will work on all skin tones and ethnicities . It is crucial my students leave the course understanding how to apply make up to African American, Caucasian, Latin, Indian & Asian skin (as well as all colors in between).
After each demonstration students will practice on each other-rotating models throughout the week.
All classes are kept to 14 students or less to allow personalized supervision.
Make-Up 101 - Course Syllabus
Basic skin care and skin types
- Introduction to your make up brushes and full make up kit
- Cleaning your brushes and make up kit
- Corrective skin techniques-Broken capillaries,patchy skin etc
- Concealing under eye circles
- Mixing and applying foundation for all skin types and colors
- Reviewing face shapes
- Contouring and highlighting
- Corrective eyebrow shaping
- Blush application
- Applying powder
Day & evening make-up application
- Natural day time eye make up application
- Natural evening eye make up application
- Achieving beautiful glowing skin
- Bridal make up
- Designing a signature make up look
- Waterproofing your make up application
- Reviewing lip glosses,lip sticks and stains
- Learning a Dramatic smokey eye
- Different degrees of dramatic eyes
- Applying liquid eyeliner
- Applying False eyelashes(both strip lashes and individual lashes)
We will explore and practice make up through the 20th century
- 1920's i.e. Clara Bow
- 1930’s and 1940‘s i.e.Lauren Bacall
- 1950’s i.e. Grace Kelly
- 1960’s i.e. Twiggy
- 1970’s i.e. Donna summer
- 1980’s i.e. Grace Jones, Madonna
Recap and review of everything we learned
- We will discuss the business aspect of make-up
- How to build your portfolio, approach photographers,models and modeling agencies.
- Different careers as a make-up artist
- Building a website
- Etiquette on set
- Promoting yourself and your business
- How to eventually approach clients and find an agency to represent you
- Morning: Natural Look
- Afternoon: Dramatic Look
Students will arrive and prepare their models for their photo shoot. You will be working with professional photographer Caleb Condit
Students will begin their second look on their models and finish their shoot.
**Please note-students are encouraged to bring their own models. If needed the school will supply each student with a model for the day.
** All students will be sent edited photos from their shoot via email. The pictures can be used for building your website, making business cards as well as for other promotional materials. All costs for for the shoot are included in your tuition.
Students receive their certificates!!!